Saturday, September 02, 2006

Kusu Dive 27/8/06

We went Pulau Kusu for the second time, first for Alex as he was injured during our first time and couldn't dive then. It was raining cats and dogs on that morning. I was thinking, "shit... perhaps we'd just have to go out there and admire the rain..." But we were lucky. On the way there the rain became a drizzle. And then the sun started coming out. Everybody was so happy. And it was a bright sunny day after that

These are photos from Andy. To view all photos click here.

On the boat, boatman Ah Chua is going to sell his boat... in future, it'll be even harder to organize local dive..
Long-time-no-see Ivan, the Orca guy.

Feather star.

There are lots and lots of sea fans at Kusu. Very big ones, as I mentioned before during our last Kusu dive, over half a year ago. (to see photos of our first Kusu dive, go www.geocities.com/divoceandiversclub and click Gallery) This time not only we saw lots of big sea fans, but also a big patch of anemones. Since the viz was only 1-2m, you have to swim near to be able to see it, so it's like, you don't realize how many anemones are there until you swim closer. Else you'll just thought those were rocks. We saw many big sea fans and anemones at about 16m of depth.



This is my personal favourite photo from Andy's.



This should be sea slug right?



I think this was the one that Winnie mentioned it was very big and fat.



This is, flatworm? very nice.

What fish is this??? I didn't see this. Quite cute. It looks like it's "standing" on its pectoral fins, like frogfish does.

Very rich red feather star~



It looks like there's another anemone growing in it.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oui..Lilo! I also like the photo that you said 'your personal favorite from Andy's).

Andy, the photo turned out well. I like it very, very much too! Thanks for taking the shot.

This I have never seen before in local any of the local dives.

Anonymous said...

another yes it is. This is what i mean the big nudibranch.

the feather stars have lovely colours...never expected.

Anonymous said...

how about another dive to Kusu again. anyone? this time I will remember to bring my camera base plate....ha!

gab, any good day before the year ends?

Anonymous said...

Yeah me too, I'm game for another Kusu dive. Gab, let me know if you guys decide to organise one.

Michelle said...

according to Gab, looks like Kusu's current is no good until end of the year, perhaps Lazarus island is possible. Will let you guys know if there is a local dive~